Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fall Has Flung

Outrageous Oranges
Radiant Reds


Yowza Yellows (I'm stretching, I know)




Our Street
Fall is undoubtedly, absolutely, by far, my favorite time of the year. I've been meaning to post these pictures for a week now. The colors didn't seem as brilliant this year as they have in years past a couple of weeks ago. But now. WOW. I am filled with awe during the fall for some reason, even more so than at Christmas. Recently, I heard someone wondering at the vividness of God's color palate, and wondering if there could be even more colors (or more vivid colors) than we experience now, that we will experience in Heaven. That would be amazing.
Certainly, none of this has to do with the fact that I never really experienced the beauty of Fall until I was in college. Florida is lush and green year round (which has its own benefits) and Lookout Mountain (where I went to college) is AMAZING during the fall. Maybe this is the reason I appreciate fall so much. Now, 'round about January, I'll be singing a different tune (or posting a different blog, as the case may be)--once all the leaves have been gone for a couple of months and I'm fighting the urge to throw myself off a building (nothing a nice trip to Florida won't cure). So for now, I relish the amazing orange, red and yellow hues of Fall. I've decided that the next time we buy a tree to plant, we must buy it for its fall foliage. I want one that is BRIGHT RED. Like the ones by my Chrevron Station. I would have posted a picture of them, but it just wouldn't have done them justice (with the gas station in the background and whatnot). Plus, the Chevron people would have thought I was STINKIN' CRAZY! I'm pretty sure my neighbors already think of me as "That crazy girl from Florida who takes pictures of her trees EVERY YEAR". Actually, I take pictures of their trees too, because mine are only yellow--until next year.





2 comments:

Kim said...

So beautiful!! I think if my trees changed color I would sit outside and stare at them all day long. (Now that would be a reason for the neighbors to say-Look at my crazy neighbor from Florida. What is she staring at??) Say happy birthday to Lisa for me! love kim

Unknown said...

yep, My farvorite time also ,football is in full swing "for us crude types, our small stand of aspens at the top of our mountain is bright yellow, the sting of the summer heat is over, and I look forard to spending quality time with friends and family during the holidays. Thanks for the pics and give the kids a kiss for me:love Dad