Recently, Kolbie got into one of his "chewing moods", tore Stitch's ear off and removed all his stuffing through the hole. Parker seemed ok about it. He said that I shouldn't worry about it because he would fix him.
That was at the beginning of the summer and I never heard anything about it again.
Today, I was re-making Parker's bed after washing everything and I happened to give Stitch a closer look. (Stitch has been able to avoid the wash as he's become somewhat fragile since the incident.)
Here's what I found:

If you know anything about Stitch (he is a Disney character from the movie "Lilo and Stitch") you know that he's supposed to have two ears. We never recovered the lost ear. I wouldn't be surprised if Kolbie actually ate it.

I hope the picture does it justice. Parker put Stitch back together with band-aids!
This explains why I caught him with a bunch of band-aids in his room the other day. I made him put them back and he wouldn't tell me why he needed them.
When I asked him about Stitch, he said, "I told you I would fix him, Mom!"
I'm not sure what to think about the fact that it's taken him all summer to come up with and execute this plan. Why wouldn't he let me help him? Why wouldn't he tell me why he wanted the band-aids?
He's so complicated.
5 comments:
Asserting his fierce independence Mama! I like his creativity, and it shows me that he doesn't judge what stitch looks like post-Kolby attack. He doesn't think Stitch needs to be perfect, just 'better' so his guts aren't falling out.
I miss the baby nephew, Parkie Pants. Soo cute.
OK- so do you suppose that band aids are a boy's version of a man's duct tape? Hmmmmm.
That is pretty smart, and if he's ok with it, I wouldn't worry :) Recently Rowan used up an ENTIRE BOX of Band Aids in one day. I still have no idea what she did with them, I just found the empty box and wrappers in the bathroom. Now I'm thinking maybe she had to fix something too.
nice blog!!
Parker probably didn't want you to know so he could show you how responsible he is by fixing stitch!:)
Post a Comment