On Saturday (which was one of those crazy everyone-in-the-family-has-to-be-in-a-different-place sort of days,) Parker and I had to rush to Kroger to get the after-game snacks for Carter's baseball team. While we were there, I saw this:

It's a sun tea jar! I started feeling nostalgic, which made me explain to Parker about sun tea on the back patio and then we both wanted some, so I bought it. I carried it out to the car by it's little green handle (Don't do that.) Just as the back door on the van was lifting, it dropped and shattered into 8 million pieces.
The cooler in the back of the car tipped over and dumped all the ice on top of the shattered glass.
Parker started to cry and said, "We JUST bought that, now we don't get to drink the special tea!!"
I cut my hand on the glass trying to pick up the big pieces and started bleeding everywhere, which made Parker cry harder.
The customer service people helped me with my cut and let me get another sun tea jar.
Parker was very late for batting practice.
The End.
And today, we enjoyed delicious iced green tea brewed by nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment