Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Fourth of July & Grandma Shirley (Part 1)

I know, I haven't posted in a long time. But, I have reasons, as follows (in no particular order):

1. I have been spending most of my computer time messing around on FaceBook.

2. The battery in my camera is dead so a)there are pictures in there that I can't get out from 4th of July visit to my Aunt & Uncle's house, which I wanted for this post. b)I haven't taken any pictures of what we've been doing recently.

Okay, I guess there's only two reasons. Anyway, I just thought I'd do with what I have for now. My Grandma Shirley came to visit from Az. We got to see her 3 times, which was nice. We spent an afternoon at Lisa's pool, then we spent another afternoon at my mom's pool, then we had 4th of July dinner at my Aunt Hoolie & Uncle Cary's house. I'll post those pictures later, cuz I'm sure you'll want to see them. On the 3rd of July, we went with our friends the Sims & the Langrafs to a 4th of July celebration in a city near here that does it every year on the 3rd. I never knew about that, but I'm glad I do now because it works out great for our family. Brent almost always works on July 4th & the kids & I are usually tagging along with someone else's family to see fireworks. Which is also fine but it was SO FUN to get to go as a family and be with friends at the same time. There was a playground in the little downtown area that the kids played in while we waited. Parker & I waited in the line for the porta-potty for a full half hour. I was so proud of him for waiting and not a)peeing his pants or b)dropping his pants and peeing on the ground. Seriously, 2 porta-pottys for 1/2 a million people? (And that's only a slight exaggeration). Give that boy a sno-cone!


"Don't get lost in that crowd, precious angel."

Ooooo, Ahhhhh.


Self-taken at 4th of July fireworks on July 3rd.

Grandma Shirley, me (yup, in my swimming suit) & Hunter. P.S., How cute is Grandma Shirley?

Grandma Shirley & my mom.
So, in posts to come (& I'm only writing this to remind myself) there will be the 4th of July, part 2, a visit from Nana and oh, yeah, National Lampoon's Camping Vacation. (You'll love that one). I better get crackin'...





1 comment:

Lotus said...

Um, PS Carter needs a skateboard so he don't jack my ripstick.
(note:improper grammar used on purpose)