I'm not talking about pictures of completed dishes that come with a recipe. That's actually helpful for me. I'm a visual person, so if I'm going to attempt the recipe, a picture of the finished product lets me know how close (or far away) I was to achieving the desired outcome.
I'm talking about a random picture of someone's dinner.
If I were to post a picture of food that gets my engine running, it would look like this:
Isn't that sad?
I know, I know.
It's really bad for me.
And it makes me 15 pounds over weight.
And I really am concerned about eating for health. For my kids.
They don't eat any high fructose corn syrup, no hydrogenated oils, no red & yellow food dyes. We watch their sugar intake and make sure their diet has plenty of protein, good fats, and good carbs.
But when it's just me and I'm thinking to myself, "What would I LOVE to have right now?" This is the kind of stuff that pops into my head.
In a sermon once, my pastor was talking about self-disipline. He said that we are self-disciplined in an area because the pay-off that we get for being disciplined in that area is bigger than the pay-off we get for being un-disciplined.
At least that's what I heard him say.
Food for thought.
2 comments:
Ummmmm. My pic would be Krispy Kremes or bacon or McDonald's french fries. Just keeping it real! :)
Chicken wings and beer, here.
Post a Comment