Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In Which The Boys Go On an Exploration

I let the boys go on an "exploration" today. They went by themselves (with lots of guidelines) down the street into the cul de sac. They packed backpacks full of flashlights, lanterns, blankets, change of clothes, binoculars, pocket tools, etc. then they packed them onto a handtruck b/c they were "too heavy for our backs". They were gone about 20 mins before I got in the van and drove down there, just to check. (No helicopter mom here!) They were standing on the side of the road using binoculars to look at the lake (b/c they're not allowed to leave the street and definitely are not allowed down by the lake.) When I asked them how it was going, Carter said:

"Welllll, we've seen a lot of things you don't see every day."

*searching through bags*

"Like this giant mushroom with a black stem, and *more searching* this leaf that's yellow on one side and brown on the other."

Haha!

Now they're back and they're too tired to unpack their bags.

No comments: