I'm pretty sure that I wasn't even 5 years old yet when my Uncle Bruce taught me how to ride a bike. I'm sure of that because I was 5 years old when he died. Well, Hunter has finally taken off, at the age of 7. She's gotten really good in a short period of time. I think she's made up 2 years, so we're back on track! I'm also pretty sure that by the age of 7, I pretty much had the run of the neighborhood. Can you imagine?

Now I realize that neighborhoods are dangerous places. People drive so fast! So I set up one of these signs at either end of where they're riding, then I stand in the street watching for cars. Thanks to my Dad and Joyce for these signs, by the way. They bought them at Christmas when they were horrified by the speed at which cars were going by.

Carter prefers the scooter and he's quite good at it.

Oh, if you were Brent and you only have one Saturday off from work in October, you would do this all day: Fun Fun!
3 comments:
Oh, yeah, I was petrified when I took them on their scooters when they seriously almost got hit. (Carter) Then I made this mean nasty rule- only 1 person on the bike or scooter, others must be in wagon or walking. I hope these signs make them able to act like normal children.
Hey for Hunter, I hope She takes the same amount of time learning to drive a car. Thanks for the update it realy brightens my day.
Love Dad
Our kids love their scooters! It is the only way to get around in the city! Here, even grown-ups ride them!:)
Glad about the highs and lows.
Post a Comment