Friday, February 29, 2008

Notes on Being Parker

It's been so long since I posted that I forgot how to do it! Therefore, these pictures should really be at the bottom of the post but I don't have time to fix it, Parker is doing something in my closet!


"Frankenstein's Curtain"


"Is there something missing here?"




"Look Ma, no hands!"







" Is that my dental floss?"








The future convict takes a much needed break from the madness by watching "Super Why!" on PBS. Note the 1/2 nakedness. I'm actually surprised that he's wearing pants. His usual house attire is "tightie whities".






*Sigh*. So, I see that having a little glimpse on Parker strikes a chord with some you. I thought I might elaborate--and with pictures for proof!




--The other day he banged into the wall during rough play (which is pretty much the only way he plays these days) and my clock (which was hanging on the other side of the wall) fell and the hands fell off. I can't figure out how to open and fix it.



--I have two beautiful (and very expensive) plates from Southern Living hanging in a plate holder in the kitchen as decorations. Ahem-- now I only have one.



--I told you already about how he cut a hole in my curtains with a pair of child scissors. I didn't say that my lovely husband (who is usually very understanding about Parker's antics, since he was very similar as a youngun himself) absolutely flipped out about the curtains. And he sewed them up by himself. And that (being the supportive wife that I am) when he finished his sewing and asked me "How does it look?", I said, "It looks like Frankenstein's curtain." Because I think we need new curtains anyway.



--My dental floss is currently holding Brent's slippers together.



--At preschool on Wednesday, Parker had to "pull a banana" because he and his buddy Cameron were playing tug-of-war with their friend Callie: Parker had her legs and Cameron had her arms. When I asked Parker about it, he said "I want Callie to come to my house!" I'm pretty sure that if Cameron hadn't been fighting him about it, he would have pulled Callie over here by her hair saying "You play Parker house!!"



--At Carter's t-ball practice (which is a whole other post in itself), I have to keep one eye on Carter's practice and one eye on Hunter/Parker on the playground. There are a couple other moms in the same position. At one point, some little girls came over to their mom and said "Mommy, there is a little boy over there who keeps throwing dirt on us and hitting us with his water bottle!" Translation: "LeeAnn, please report to the playground, your child is out of control." I can just hear what's going on inside Parker's head at that moment: "Girls play Parker now!"




*Sigh*




I know, Parker is more important than stuff. But please pray that we will handle these antics well and teach him appropriate behavior. He's like a bull in a china closet, so to speak. He really means no harm, but "COME. ON. SON!" His response to all these things? "I Sowwy Mama."
Oh My Gosh! I can't believe I almost forgot to tell you about how yesterday when we went to Taco Bell after Hunter's amazingly shocking eye doctor appointment (which is also another story for another post), a man came in with a hook for a hand. Yes, you read right. I tried to whisper in his ear about how people are different and we shouldn't stare or say anything, but yes, when the man glanced Parker's way, he put his index finger up in the shape of a hook and shouted "ARGH--YOU'RE A PIRATE!!!" Have Mercy! The man is obviously used to this response from little boys because he came over and let Parker touch the hook and told him about how he was in a construction accident. Hunter was petrified and didn't want to have anything to do with it. Like I said, Have. Mercy. Please.






8 comments:

Kim said...

He needs to walk the gangplank me matey! The man with the hook hand story is HI larious!!! Like I've said, it might be a good thing that we don't live there because Parker and Ethan would be a lethal combination. :) love,kim

Amy Ross said...

Give Bennett another year, and he'll be right there with them... must be the youngest boy syndrome! Wow.

Brad & Stacey said...

Oh my...the hook for a hand story had me in tears! I know it can be exhausting keeping up with all of the antics...praying that God will continue to increase your patience and give you all the grace you need to show the love of Christ to the little guy!

Missing all of you!

Thanks for catching us up!

Shannon said...

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!! I feel it, sistah! Coleman spent most of the playdate with Ethan today in his room whining and screaming. SO fun. Ethan was the golden child, I was like, "He's so good!" I can totally see Coleman doing the same thing with the hook, though. It's a pirate thing. Parents just don't understand...

Unknown said...

it will all be over someday and youll wish the hands were off the clock again

Lotus said...

Love the pics and stories, though your last post about him lying part naked under the desk asking where his costume was, says it all. Haa. He said a good thing, rather than "Mom what's wrong with that guys hand?" Like I something i said in kmart about a legless man. Aye. I am to the point where I want you to get feedburner for an email subscription option. I can do it for you, eventually. OK, see you Friday. (My birdday) Does Parkie still say "I dinnet Mamma"?

mccaigs5 said...

Must say Parker takes after his dad.....how I survived is beyond me..."sorry" mom

mccaigs5 said...

Actually, he pretty much owns up to everything these days, he doesn't try to deny it. At least he's not a liar. Maybe next time you come over you can show me that subscription thing. You know I'm techno-handicapped. It's really amazing that I'm able to even have a blog!