Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Look Out Chipper Jones!
This is Carter in his t-ball uniform. He's on the Angels team and he loves it. At least I think he loves it. He says he doesn't but then he's always asking if it's "baseball day" and if he gets to put on his "costume" (this is what he's been calling his uniform, much to his father's shagrin--it probably doesn't help that I think it's hilarious) and he's disappointed if it's not one of those days. Of which, there are many, by the way. Who knew you have to practice t-ball twice a week, have one game a week, plus scrimmages and batting practice. Aye. My new hobby. Our family has now entered the run-around-town-taking-kids-to-practice phase. Wow, the stay-at-home-and-do-everything-on-your-own-schedule phase went by so fast!
Note the electric blue cleats. There were only two pairs left in his size when we finally found some. Next year we'll have the buy the cleats a little earlier. Who knew?
So Cute, Number 24! When we first got his shirt, it said "McCraig" and we were all a little disappointed. I didn't know it would be such a let-down to have the wrong name on your (your kid's/your brother's) back. I was concerned it would be bad for his self-image for his fans to be calling out "GO MCCRAIG!" during his first season. And his father was having disturbing flashbacks of his own childhood. The baseball uniform people fixed it though, so childhood trauma averted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey what about a t'ball shaped magnet with Carters name on it for your mini van. And basketball for hunter. I am sort of just kidding.
I am: Minivan-wielding sports mom. Deal with it.
That's my boy! He's an all star! And we are so proud of him!
Mr. Manny will get a kick out Carter's costume. (although he would be a little disturbed if one of his players called it that too.) Go Carter!!! love,kim
(If you all lived in SoFla I would come to the games with a frying pan or a foghorn and make lots of noise just for him!)love, Kim
Post a Comment