Friday, June 27, 2008

Blue Ridge, Georgia

I've decided that everyone needs access to a cabin in the mountains for a little r&r every once in a while. I love going to the beach. And other forms of relaxing. But this...it's true love. My sister Lisa's company owns a cabin in the North Georgia Mountains near a little town called Blue Ridge. We went there last weekend. Brent & I and the kids went on Thursday night and we were joined by Laura & Lisa Saturday. The cabin itself is so relaxing, it put us right at ease. There is a lake behind the cabin for fishing, swimming (if you dare, which we don't. I'm very picky about lake swimming) and a paddle boat. There was a playground down the road. We went to Lake Blue Ridge twice for swimming. The second time we went (which was Sunday), Laura & Lisa came with us. Unfortunately, the sky suddenly opened up and it started pouring on us. Aye. We tried to wait it out by eating our picnic lunch out of the back of my van but alas, even after that, we had to cut the day short. We had a great time and look forward to doing that again!! Following are some pictures from our trip.


The kids swimming in Lake Blue Ridge. Look at that view!

This is the lake behind the cabin.

The path up to the cabin. At the top you can see the screened porch of the cabin.

Parker and daddy getting ready for a tour of the lake in the paddle boat.

Brent, Carter & Hunter taking their turn in the paddle boat.

"Don't take anymore pictures of me!" Parker taking off up the path from the lake to the cabin.

Daddy getting the poles ready.

Carter finally caught his first fish! Look at that proud little face!!

Brent & Lisa on the "beach". I don't know why I always feel the need to put the word "beach" in quotes when I'm talking about lakes. Lake beaches are beaches too. I think it's the Floridian in me. This one was a little rocky and grassy but in it's defense, we're in a drought. And there was a little sand patch for sunning. This lake is called Lake Blue Ridge. It's not the one behind the cabin.

Our picnic in the back of our van.

Blue Ridge Boys.

Blue Ridge Girls, looking very relaxed...

Aunt Laura & Hunter relaxing on the screened porch.

Auntie & the boys (Parker is saving some ketchup & mustard for later).














3 comments:

Amy Ross said...

Next time do you want three more boys and two more adults to share that time with you????? WOW!! That looks BEAUTIFUL. Glad you were able to relax.

Shannon said...

Awesome! It looks like a lot of fun. And YOU look SO skinny, mama!
:) SSS

Lotus said...

yeah, and there was a bee in Lisa's car on the way to the lake and I had to unbuckle myself and save the day.