Our Parkie Pants turned four on Saturday. Of course, I can hardly believe it. Today he is a spunkie spark. He loves his "brudda" and "sissy". Although, he also likes to torture them and whenever one of the kids yells "Moooom" in that tattle-tail voice (which is one of my pet peeves, btw), it's more than likely because of something Parker did. And no matter how much training they have gotten to work through these things themselves without using that voice, or hitting each other, he still will only stop if one of us intervenes. I'm sure that will get better soon. Parker is starting pre-k on Monday. In the same school that Carter went to last year. He's very excited. But he's also very concerned that there is going to be "rest time". This is not his favorite subject. But we'll figure it out as we go, I guess. I've been having him lie down at home this week so he can get an idea of what's going to happen. And this worries him even more. His comment is, "But mom, the sun is shining". You know what they say, "Mother's of boys work from son-up to son-down." Literally.
Parkie was such an easy-going baby. This is him at Hunter's 4th birthday party. He was just 10 days old. He slept the whole time while a large number of kids and adults ran past him all afternoon.And below are pictures from his pirate party on Saturday:
The treasure box.
Dividing the loot.
The pirate in time out for overly zealous pirating in the water slide.
Don't you love my rose bush with not one rose or leaf on it? I don't know what happened to it!
The transformation is complete. Aaaargh!
"I have found the treasure! And it's made out of chocolate." Yup, I made the cake myself. And I know I should be humble about it but...YAY ME! It's the first time I've not bought the birthday cake from the store. Unless it was from a box. Not that this one wasn't. But it was fancy too. And I had to cut it. I was very nervous about it. The reason I don't do stuff like this is because it must be perfect or I will freak out. So I just don't bother. Now you know. Thank you to Kim Cates for giving me excellent tips.
7 comments:
I am so proud of you papi!!! :) I so wish we could've been there to celebrate with Pirate Parkie Pants. The cake looked yummy, the treasure chest looked tempting, and the pirate looked so cue! Super fun party! love,kim
Wow - seems all our kids are growing up fast! Parker looks like he's having a blast (other than the time-out!) Great job on the cake. You should try your hand at it more often...
great job mates
Happy Birthday Parker McCaig
grandpaw Brad
Coleman wouuld have been in HEAVEN!!! WOW! That cake and treasure shest look amamzing! Weel done, you!
I LOVE the cake, what a great idea!! I can't believe he is four, and I can't believe school has started for you! We don't start til after labor day here in Va. I love keeping up with you!
I lOVE the cake, what a great idea!! I can't believe your baby is four, and that your kids have already started school! School starts her the day after labor day! We have a few more weeks of summer fun! I love keeping up with you and your gang through your blog!
Post a Comment