Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer 2008 Comes to an End

I am truly shocked at how busy we have been these past two weeks. School started. I am co-room mom in Hunter's class (who knew this was a part time job that required a special computer program and highly developed people skills/experience in fundraising? Good grief.) I'm volunteering in Carter's class once a week for 2 1/2 hours. I'm organizing childcare for women's Bible study on Tuesday mornings. I'm co-leading a study on 1st & 2nd Corinthians on Tuesday nights. The boys are in karate. Hunter started Girl Scouts. And oh yes, I got a job at the private school that meets at our church. It's being a pre-school teacher 3 days a week for the whole school day. I think it will be fun. We're all doing fine, though. Adjusting to school. They all love it so far and seem to be doing well. I would be lying if I tried to say that the phrases "not following instructions" and "not keeping hands to self" were not a part of Parker's teacher's every day language to me. But that's just Parker and we'll work through it.

And so another summer has passed. No more swimming at the lake. No more going to friends' swimming pools. No more splashing in our wading pool. No more slip-n-slide. No more lazy summer days around the house (I've been getting up to work out at 6am!) No more summer trips to plan. No more shoeless days. No more water slide parties (Poor Carter the Christmas Baby).No more beach towels drying on the deck...



First Day of School, 2008

First Day of Pre-k.


First Day of Kindergarten.



First Day of 3rd Grade.




5 comments:

Kim said...

So cute! You've definitely got your hands full of lots of activities, but everybody knows you and I thrive on that!! ;) love,kim

lisa said...

Oh my gosh..I can't believe it! The kids are so cute goin to schooo. You are what I call a supermom!!!

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Tu eres loca en la cabeza, mama! Pero, los ninos... hay, que CUTE!!!!

Unknown said...

leeann it will all be over in about 15 years hang in there you can do it.
love Dad