Well, not really. But Parker (who is a funny guy anyway) was up throwing up all night last night and has been cracking me up with his pitiful little self.
First of all, after dinner, I just happened to walk by the bathroom and see him standing in there staring at a pile of vomit. He looked over at me and said, "Why did I do that to my yummy dinner?!"
***********
I'm actually pretty worried about him, although this morning he has held down 2 tablespoons of gatorade and one 1/4 of a piece of toast, so that's good. But I kept checking on him through the night in between vomiting episodes because I was afraid he was going to get dehydrated since he couldn't hold ANYTHING down. At one point I went in there and he was sitting up in his bed looking like death warmed over, pale with dark eyes that were half closed, swaying from side-to-side. I said, "Baby, are you ok?" He responded in a very slow, pitiful voice, "I'm not a baby." Sheesh!
***********
And you know that after he threw up his dinner, there was nothing in his little belly to throw up (literally 10 times) throughout the night, so he was just dry-heaving bile (I know, TMI), which, as I recall, hurts SO BAD. At one point in the night, I was standing there holding the bowl and he was very obviously still in the middle of it, he said in between heaves and while trying to push the bowl away and lay back down, "I'm....all....done......I'm just....going...to...leave...the rest...in there."
***********
And to top it all off, this morning he came (after a combined total of about 3 hours sleep) into my room, got in my face looking even more like death warmed over and "whispered", "Mom, I'm all better. I can go to school."
2 comments:
POOR DUDE! I'm so sure he could go to school, hahaha!
Kids throwing up are sooooooooo pathetic!
Post a Comment