,
Friday, August 3, 2007
Get Your Rubber Boots, Kids--We're Going to the Relicks
We spent a long weekend with Aunt Kerri (Brent's sister) and Uncle Doug at their mountain cabin in Virginia. It was a wonderful time. Brent wasn't able to come with us this time, unfortunately. The kids had a great time with their cousins. Blake, Sophia and Savannah are so fun, smart and creative. The Relicks are what I would call "outdoorsy", and we are what I would call, ummmmm--not. When I ask Hunter if she wants to go outside and play, she says, "Am I going to get sweaty?" I'm sure it's entertaining for them when the city slickers come to town and try their hand at tree climbing, critter finding, creek wading, etc. We did have fun though. We had a big bonfire and had s'mores. The girls spent a lot of time at the craft table. Hunter and Sophia did a puppet show for us. Savannah and her dog Bling did a dog show for us. The boys spent a lot of time following Blake around. We had a birthday party for Doug. We got to see Nana and Papa Joe. We had pizza at their house and everyone (except Parker and me) went to see a play: Peter Pan. They all loved it. Then we all had dinner together at a Mexican place. Oh, and I ate a lot of ice cream throughout the weekend. Thanks for all the great memories, guys! We love you!!
The McCaig/Relick Clan L to R: Hunter, Sophia, Blake, Parker, Savannah, Carter
Tree Climbing
,
,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Did you see any bears??? Glad to hear you had a great time!! You've had a busy summer, I am sure you are looking forward to some down time!!
The kids look so precious playing with their sweet dogs.
LeeAnn, I have added that service where people can get an email when you blog. It's feedburner.com. Look at my page. It's free. It has many services that all sound a little complicated to set up like tracking and counters and stuff. Anyways, sign up to get my email if you want, let me know how you like it and I'll let you know if it's something you should try for your page.
Working tons for most of August. Lactation and plain work. Sorry will miss Parkie's party. Will call soon. laura
That sounds like so much fun! So glad you could make it up there to see them. Tell them I say hi! love,Kim
We didn't see any bears, we were on the lookout though! I think it's part of why, when we're outside, the dogs chase each other around so much and make so much noise--to keep the bears away. They really are amazing dogs. They were very protective of Parker b/c they could sense he was the baby and one of them (Lucy) would walk between him and the water, every time we went to the creek. It was really interesting.
I can't believe how big "the cousins" are! Glad you had a great time. Can I add you to our bloglist? I didn't know since you have to enter a password.
Love-Stacey
You have an absolute beautiful family!
Post a Comment