Anyway, the kids have been begging for a pet they can "play with" (apparently fish don't fall into this category) forever, it seems. We finally gave in and let Hunter use part of her birthday money to buy (drumroll, please): a GUINEA PIG!! Now we can't have Matt Cates over because he might try to eat her as a snack. Just kidding.
Our niece Savannah had a guinea pig for a long time that was really a great pet and I know they always said that. But, to be honest, I thought that guinea pig (Angel) was just an anomoly (as so many of the Relick animals are, in a good way I mean). So, I was very nervous about the guinea pig. There are many reasons why, as I'm sure you can imagine. We took a long time selecting her. Went to different stores. We tried to choose the one that seemed to have the sweetest personality. Jackpot! I'm now a believer that guinea pigs are very good pets for kids. Fluffi (with an "i" and she isn't actually fluffy) is the sweetest, most gentle creature ever. She absolutely loves the kids and she talks to them whenever they pick her up. They can play with her, snuggle with her. AND, she's quiet, lives in a cage that she loves, isn't under foot, doesn't have to be potty trained or walked outside. :) Oh, and I know you're wondering, so I'll just say that even Parker is very gentle and sweet with her. Although, he isn't allowed to be unsupervised with her. We don't want any mishaps. I only have this one picture of her. It's of her and Hunter watching Saturday morning cartoons. I could do a whole post of pictures of Fluffi, though. Fluffi eating dinner with the family (in a basket on the floor). Fluffi doing family devotions (including saying her prayers). Fuffi playing Barbies with Hunter (She likes to ride in the Barbie convertible). Fluffi watching Hunter get ready for school. Fluffi snuggling Daddy's neck (or, as Hunter would say, Grandpa). I know that when you look at the picture, all you'll see is a black rodent. But don't be fooled, that's a McCaig.
8 comments:
yay, the subscription thingie worked.
I love fluffi. She's black like Finley. So sleek. I think it can be argued by some of the kids that the fish ARE play-with-able.
somehow that wig doesn't look rock star. More like Mama's Family or whatever that show was. She'll never know.
Sadly, you should see the wig now. It looks like a bird tried to nest in it.
Oh, and Parker learned the hard way that the fish are NOT play withable. That's how we went from 4 fish to 3.
My wife "rocks"! She did a most wonderful job on both kids' birthday cakes, treasure hunt, party favor bags for the girls. She's become the "All Star" mom!
Thanks for all you do, my love!
I hope Parker does not intoduce fluffi to mr. spanky
Looks like a black rodent to me. And, you do have to feed them, right??? This is why the Smiths have no pets...
Awwww,Fluffi seems so sweet. I cant wait to meet her. Hey I wonder what Lola would do around her. Well,you made a good choice if you were going to get pet. Trust me, Oh you know what I'm talking about.Gotta walk Lola now.Bye McCaigs.
That's MRS. Spanky.
Post a Comment