Friday, October 17, 2008

Carter Is An Artist & Writer

I'm posting twice today, so look below for my "Friday Favorites. " I wanted to write about how great Carter is doing in Kindergarten. He absolutely loves it. He is reading and writing like crazy. He spends all afternoon writing stories and drawing pictures that go with them. He wants to sound out how you spell the words by himself. He doesn't want any help. Below is a sampling of his work. (With a little translation.) He wasn't actually done with it, but who knows when that will be so I'm just doing the first part. He staples papers together to make little books and then writes his stories. Maybe he'll be an author someday...


This page says, "The tree has leaves. It is Fall. We love Fall." (We don't have the punctuation thing down quite yet.)
Above the tree it says tree. Under the sun it says sun. Below that he wrote My Sister and drew Hunter. And under that it says My Cat and he drew a little cat underneath that. It's actually the neighbor's cat that he thinks is his, but that's just details.

No comments: