Friday, October 3, 2008

**The Names In This Story Have Been Changed To Protect The Innocent...

I'm posting twice today, so look below after you read this one...

On the way home from school today, the kids and I were talking about their days:

The pre-k called me at 10am this morning to pick Parker up because he was running a fever, so he's feeling yucky and doesn't have much to say.

Carter learned to make a farting sound with his armpit a few weeks ago (a talent he is very proud of), so whenever I ask him about anything he just says, "Listen to this..." and makes his noise. This was funny at first, but now it's getting a little old.

Hunter always has lots to say about her day, and as part of it, we had the following conversation:

H: "Jennifer** was telling me about how her mom has a really big butt. Her mom's butt is so big that she broke the toilet and they had to go to Home Depot to buy a new one."

Me: "Ummmm, did you say anything about your mom during this conversation?"

H: "All I said was that my mom's butt is sort of big and that she takes a long time on the toilet, but doesn't break it."

Oh, all the little ways that the Lord chooses to keep me humble...

9 comments:

Lotus said...

so I guess Carter and Hunter aren't innocent huh? Just Jennifer. Yeah right...
That reminds me of how a while back Hunter was like "aunt laura you need braces, your teeth are crooked." I'm all shocked, like, I've been nothing but accepting of everybody's mouth styles in our family, where did she learn this. Then the truth came out, low and behold, someone AT SCHOOL had told her the same thing, and that's where she learned it. Ah, remember the peer pressure? Sadly, I think I was the pressure-er. Not the ee. Anyways....

mccaigs5 said...

In my thinking, "the innocent" was the other little girls' mother. Not the children at all. Not that I know her, but you never know...

mccaigs5 said...

Oh, and I could do a whole post of embarassing things that they've said to people. I don't think it's a matter of learning it somewhere, as much as a matter of kids just say what they think without any knowledge or concern that it might not be the appropriate thing to say. It just comes naturally to them.

Kim said...

My mom was so right. These kids will embarrass the hell out of us. Have a good weekend! love, kim

Shannon said...

Coleman's teacher told us at parent teacher night that she promised to only believe half of what the kids said about us if we promised the same for her! Too bad she didn't give details, but she said they are "interesting" class.... I can hardly wait!

Shannon said...

Also, I LOVE how the first thing you said to her was "What did you say about ME?" Hahaha!

Chelsea said...

That cracks me up! We were in the bathroom at church yesterday and a lady that Jay kind of knows comes out of the stall. Jay looks at her and says " You go poop?" She responded well with "no I didn't have to!" But it was pretty funny!

Cheryl Baker said...

I was with Carson and he said this about a little boy with his father at Burger King. "Look that son has a pink shirt on! Look Brother, he has a pink shirt on!" He did and I didn't know what to do except bury my head in my book.

By the way, LeeAnn said a few things that made me want the ground to open up and swallow me. Kids say the darndest thing.

Oh here is another, not embarrassing but worth telling. We were coloring pictures together and Caleb said "I wish I still had my mom. You know why? My kids won't have a Nana." He is 6 and he is thinking about his kids.

mccaigs5 said...

God bless him, poor little guy. He's always thinking about her being gone from his life and what that means. Hopefully this means good things for when he's grown, he will have worked through a lot of stuff. He's so smart.