Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Carter Needs Understanding

I had watched these Dr. Phil programs called "Parenthood Bootcamp" wherein these families in crisis moved into a house together and got a kick in the pants from Dr. Phil himself. Most of it was about communication, showing affection and love for each other and understanding one another. So, the next time I saw Carter (it just happened to be him), we had this exchange:

Me: "Carter, do you feel like Mommy understands you?"

C: "Not really."

Me: "How come?"

C: "Because sometimes when I say something to you, you say, "What did you say? I didn't understand you.""

LOL!

3 comments:

Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity said...

Boys are sooooooo literal.

Shannon said...

As I was reading this I was watching Nanny 911. (It makes me feel MUCH better about my own children). I think it's so funny the way kids think about things. :)

mccaigs5 said...

That's exactly why I watch Nanny 911 too! The doctor Phil thing is the same way, but I can understand how people fall into bad patterns as their kids get older & start acting like...ahem...stinkers and life stuff happens that you didn't anticipate. So it's good to see what can happen if you're not aware of that.