Thursday, May 28, 2009

You'll Never Be An Alligator

Conversation we had in the car on the way to the grocery store this morning:

Parker: "Hey mom, I'm going to be an ALLIGATOR when I grow up!"

Carter: "You can't ever be an alligator, Parker, because you'll never be able to hold your eyes open under water without goggles."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS I HATE (using the word "hate" here about) taking my kids grocery shopping with me. I just don't have the time or energy to do a blog post about it. Which I should do anyway because I want them to know my side of the story when they grow up and start talking about what a monster I was when we went to the grocery store when they were kids.

Let me just sum it all up by saying: Carter & Hunter think they "need" everything and were very whinie and Parker ran all over the place and while I was checking out (trying to get out my beloved coupons so we can save a buck or two), he locked himself in the freezer that holds bagged ice. Ugh.

3 comments:

Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity said...

I sympathize. I have actually gone days and days and fed the kids breakfast cereal for dinner rather than going to the grocery with all of them.

Kim said...

Now that's a new way to play freeze tag.

Shannon said...

Yeah, I guess that's one of the "joys of summer" right??

Personally I go the bribery route. We get a cookie (free at Publix for kids) at the beginning. But I refuse to let them have it till after we check out and only if they behave. It's got about a 90% success rate if it's only RoRo, however I have found that that rate is drastically and exponentially reduced when you add another kid (or two, in your case) to the equation. It drops to about 50% with 2 kids.

So, maybe that won't help you at all. With the freezer problem, anyway. OY!