Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Little Brownie Bridges To Junior Girl Scouts

There is a memory in my mind. It is a memory of a photograph of a fourth grade me walking (in full Brownie uniform) over a fake bridge in the elementary school cafeteria of my school in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm sure that picture must exist somewhere. That's one of the reasons I decided to keep a blog. So that my kids can look back at it and see pictures of themselves and read stories about their lives that don't get lost.

Hopefully that will work.

Anyway, a few weeks ago (Things have been so busy the last few weeks that I don't even remember when this was exactly. See why I need to be good about keeping the blog?) Hunter "bridged" from Brownies to Junior Girl Scouts. This was her first year and we've been so happy with it so far. Hunter loves it and has made new friends. They do lots of fun and educational stuff.

Her "bridge ceremony" took place in a neighborhood near ours where they have an actual bridge over a creek. It was at 4:30 in the afternoon so I had to go by myself with all three kids. While I tried really hard to focus on Hunter for this momentous occasion, the boys ran around the creek with some of the other siblings. This was fine since Carter has the sense (and obedient spirit) enough to stay on the side and throw rocks in with the other kids. Parker, though?

Not so much.

I tried to take a picture of him, but once he realized how much trouble he was in, he was embarassed and wouldn't let me.

When I tell you he was covered from head to toe in mud, I'm not kidding. It was in his hair. It was all over his body. It was in his shoes. Ugh. We were supposed to go to a birthday party right after that.

But we had to go home first and give Parker a bath. This kid is going to drive me to drink.

Drink more, I should say.


Here's our little princess:
And here with two other bridging girls and her troop leader, Mrs. Nancy.


3 comments:

Kim said...

So cute! I didn't realize what a monumental occasion this was. Congrats Hunter! She looks so pretty in her dress. :)Kim

Shannon said...

She does look pretty. I thought you "flew up" to GS though. Shows how good my memory is...

mccaigs5 said...

I'm not really sure that Girl Scouts do any flying, Shan. Not to my knowledge and recollection, anyway.