
Yeah, so Brent likes to rough-house with the kids. We call it "Rasling". I find it very annoying (because I'm afraid someone's going to get hurt), but apparently, it's something boys do. Hunter does it too, which really annoys me. This is a nightly ritual at our house. Last week, while rasling with the kids, Brent poked himself in the eye with his thumb! A few minutes later I said, "Hey Brent, you have something in your eye!" It was blood! Ewe, gross. It continued to worsen over the next few days so I was finally able to convice him to go to the doctor. She basically said that it's a bruise on his eye and that it will go away in a few weeks. Meanwhile, this is what we have to look at! The kids are scared of it. Poor Caleb didn't want Uncle Brent to go to the doctor because he was afraid he was going to die. We were able to convince him it's not life threatening, though! (Please continue to pray for this fearful little guy!)
I think it's a sign from God that they shouldn't be rasling and I think it's a little amusing that Brent was the one that got hurt. He thinks it's amusing to tell everyone who asks about it that I hit him. Nice.
7 comments:
Truth be told....LeeAnn punched me in the eye for getting fresh! She throws one mean right hook! She now likes to tell everyone she's taking the "red eye" to church...ha! ha!
That's my man.
Now there are two pictures that scare the crap out me, and both involve your family-the one with Hunter covered in Desitin and Red-Eye Brent. Ouch! I'm ascare papi.
I'm going to have to show this to Chris...maybe it will scare him into ending his rasling matches with my boys!
Yeah, and I will use it as a cautionary tale, since this stuff doesn't happen in our house...yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time, though. I have to say, Brent, that's SO gross!!! :) SSS
Ok, I understand, kids do that stuff, esp boys, but my beef is the little ones who can't tell the difference that this is not how Aunt Laura wants to bond, and a bruised boob later they're looking at my puppy eyes, like "what'd I do?"
I guess the hurts are a hazard. Thank goodness it wasn't too bad. It does look really scary, I've never seen anything like that, I thought you had photoshopped the pic or something. Ai.
this must be the true meaning of "you're gonna get a pow pow"
Post a Comment