Monday, July 2, 2007

An Afternoon with Aunt Laura


On Thursday, Aunt Laura came over to go to the lake with us. Unfortunately, we took a wrong turn and ended up in Meltdown City, Population: 1 (6 year old drama queen), so we had to cut our afternoon short. It was ok though, it was brutally hot and we had a nice afternoon anyway, chatting and playing with the kids. Then the boys and James got home and got to play with Aunt Laura and she ate dinner with us. After that, she came with me to a home party for a company called...well I forgot what it's called but it's about creating good memories for your family by starting traditions and stuff like that. I had never heard of it before until recently. It was pretty interesting, I bought the book that gives good ideas of things to do with your family. As a free gift, I got the "Candle of Honor". You're supposed to use it at dinner time. You choose one child who exemplified some family value that day (sharing, responsibility, kindness, etc) then you light the candle in their honor and let it sit by their plate during dinner. We've done it the last two nights and the kids loved it. I'm worried about when Parker gets to have it though, I think he'll just want to sneak his food into it and watch it burn. Oh well, family values aren't his forte right now anyway! I was glad Laura came with me, it was a great day afterall.

5 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

Lately we have arrived in Meltdown city too! Lots of times since we've been in Vienna:)
Love the idea of the candle of honor!
Might have to incorporate that once we have our own place!

Unknown said...

sooo glad to see you had a good time any way. I think I have history in melt down city ,been there, done that.

maybe with parker you could use ine of those battery powered candles"if He happens to earn one, maybe someday"

Kim said...

Love the Meltdown City. We have been stuck in Talkback Town and Wonteatville lately. What is this party you went to?? Tell me more...
King

Lotus said...

Yeah, the party was inspiring. I wrote a letter to Hunter that night, to be read in more mature years.

Kim said...

The new paint job looks awesome!!! I love the colors. kim