Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Visit to Nana and Papa Joe, Part 1

Last Friday we decided to take a trip to Virginia to see Brent's mom and stepdad. We got in safely on Friday night. On Saturday, Nana and Papa Joe made us a delicious breakfast of waffles, sausage, eggs and fruit. Then we went to the park. In the afternoon, Nana had planned a family birthday party, since she hasn't been able to celebrate with us in a while. We got presents and had birthday cake. The kids got balloons and party horns. Nana knitted us all slippers. I realize that they look like they're a little too big for us, but they still need to be put through a special shinking process. After a nice nap, we went out for Mexican food, where we enjoyed the live entertainment of Parker woofing down a whole bowl of salsa--the hot one. Afterwards, we went to another park to play, and watch people fly gas powered model airplanes. It was really cool, the kids enjoyed watching them do loop-d-loos and low fly-bys for their entertainment. In the evening they got to stay up late and watch a movie. On Sunday morning we went out for breakfast buffet and took off for home. Perfect! We all had a really nice time and thank you to Nana and Papa Joe for taking really good care of us, as usual.



It's funny, when Parker gets something in his mind, it's very difficult to get him to change it (he's just like his father). For instance, at Christmastime, he insisted on calling my dad "Tummy"; when James and the boys first moved in, he insisted on calling James "Dominic". Well, this weekend, he insisted on calling Papa Joe "Grandma". Much to Papa Joe's shagrin, I'm sure. On the way home, we had this exchange:

P: "Where are we going?"

Me: "Home"

P: "To Grandma's house?"

Me: "You mean, Papa Joe?"

P: "Yeah--Grandma!"

Poor kid is a little confused. When we got home, he told his cousins that the fire truck he got from them was from his Grandma--I know he meant Joe. (Sorry Joe, I had to do this :))
There are more pictures in the post below this one.



Slippers, before the shrinking process.


Parker gets a present.



Me and the kids with Nana and Grandma (Sorry Joe, I accidentally did it again).




McCaigers at the park.





5 comments:

Kim said...

Wow. Isn't that a book-'Parker has Two Grandmas'? Oh wait. That's 'Heather Has Two Mommies'. Oops! :) Kim

Lotus said...

Love the pic, beautiful.

Unknown said...

I'm impressed LeeAnn! What a great idea this is....of course I had to read every single entry. Quite entertaining...I love it :) Amy

Unknown said...

Lee Ann, I think Parker called me tomy, the great olympic athlete, he must have seen a special on discovery channel about Jim tomey and thought I looked like Him

Dad

mccaigs5 said...

Dad: You wish