On the day he was born, I was at the hospital. I had Hunter with me. We had just gotten back from Florida the day before, still in shock from the experience of Brent's sister's death (Kim) on September 6th. Lonnie had been in the hospital overnight. They induced her in the morning on the 13th. I think Caleb was born around 4pm. Only James was in the room with her. She did great. He was precious and healthy, just like he still is today.
I painfully admit that 5 years ago today I was stressed out. What were they going to do? They were so young to be parents! Where were they going to live? How were they going to pay for it? Now I know more than ever that God was the only one who could know the short time that Lonnie had to bring him into the world and be his mommy. And I know more than ever that Caleb Alexander was not an accident, he was on purpose by God. What a blessing he is to our family. My prayer for him is that he grows up to be a Godly man, who is devoted to the work of Christ in the world. And that he always knows and feels that he is loved SO MUCH. I hope that he's proud of who he is and how he came into the world, because it was an act of God's sovereignty.

When Caleb was 12 days old, his mom turned 18! Here he is being held by Aunt Laura, sitting next to a 2 year old Hunter and his mom.

I'm sorry about the quality of the pictures, I really didn't realize they are as bad as they are until I was done. What an angel. He was such a sweet baby.

When Caleb was around 6 weeks old, his parents got married. Here they are changing their son's diaper on their wedding day. Isn't that what everyone does on their wedding day? :)

Caleb today with our "Happy Birthday Vase" and his birthday flowers. He was so excited! He also said, "Aunt LeeAnn, did you get my special book yet with my birthday pictures?" Remember my last post? I told you they would think it's special. I wasn't in a hurry about it before, but now I have to run to the scrapbooking store to get a book before I pick up Parker from preschool. I'm still collecting the pictures from years past. (Does anyone reading this have a picture of Caleb's 1st birthday party or his 4th birthday party when we went to Chuck E. Cheese last year?! I must have forgotten my camera on those days!) Tonight we're having Caleb's special birthday dinner. According to Caleb's wishes, we are having hamburgers, chicken nuggets and french fries (I think I'll throw in some fruit! No veggies, because that would be against Caleb's birthday wishes). He also wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and he gets to eat off our special "celebration plate". Also, we took a special snack to school today. What a day!! Happy Birthday Caleb! We love you--so much.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Caleb!!! love, Kim
Happy birthday Caleb, love Grandpaw Brad
Big boy!
What a great day that was. Unbelievably precious little boy.
Two wide eyed parents.
Such a sweet wedding day picture!
Happy Birthday, Caleb! Can't wait to meet you...soon, we hope! Love, the Smiths
Happy Birthday Caleb!!!love,Auntie Lisa
Post a Comment