Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ode To Brent

I am amazed and blessed to have been given such a wonderful husband as Brent. He is a Godly man for real. He always puts me and the kids first. He works so hard to provide for us. The highlights of his day are spending the first and last moments of the day reading scripture with his kids. He cares about others. He is a man of prayer. When he says he will pray about something, he really does it--and not just one time. I am so glad for my children that they have a father like him (and don't have to rely solely on me!). In the last months, he has been so considerate, gracious, understanding and has persevered and encouraged me to persevere when our daily life have been in such upheaval that I don't know what to do. What an amazing gift of God he is to me and to the kids (all 5 of them). Being married is hard, but I wouldn't want to be married to anyone else. Happy Birthday, Buddy. I love you.

PS: I forgot to mention that he cooks, cleans, does laundry, loves to pray together, spend time together, doesn't like to watch tv or sports (much), unless it's a special occasion. Don't be jealous!

Happy Birthday Uncle Brent/Daddy!

Brent and the kids. I think we've had at least four birthday cakes in the last two months.


10 comments:

Kim said...

So, when does he hold training classes? Just Kidding Matt! teehee Happy birthday Brent!! love, kim

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Brent! And I hope you had a great day, remembering Lonnie and celebrating your amazing husband. Love, Shan

Unknown said...

Ya I guess you did ok, better than the first guy you brought home.

tee hee

happy b day Brent Ive already told you how I feel

Love Dad

lisa said...

Happy Birthday Brent. Your an awsome bro-in-law also! Hey, you da man!
Love, Lisa

Cheryl Baker said...

I 100% agree with you LeeAnn. You married a great guy, super husband, fun dad and wonderful man. Luckyyyyyyyyyy. (Napolean Dynamite style) Happy Birthday Brentasia.

Anonymous said...

I thought Prebyterians didn't believe in luck

Anonymous said...

we don't believe in luck...just believe in webster's dictionary spelling words correctly...ha ha! re: Presbyterians. We might be pre by something, though

Anonymous said...

orry my key doent work, but all the other key work

Brad & Stacey said...

A little be-lated...but a BIG Happy Birthday wish from Vienna!

We love you!
Stacey and Brad

Lotus said...

Happy Birthday Brentasia! The best Dad, Uncle and husband and brother in law around. Don't get a swollen head.