Friday, September 7, 2007

Blast From The Past

I'm working on a "Birthday Book" for each of the 5 children. It is basically a small scrap book. On each page will be a picture of them with their birthday cake for each birthday (surely I have those pictures for each of them somewhere, right?). I am also writing a little bit about what we did that day and using some "embellishments" (this is a term I learned from Kim, who is a serious scrapbooker, and it basically means "stickers"). I say all this tongue in cheek because I am NOT a scrapbooker. But this is small and do-able, and I think the kids will think it's special. Hunter and Parker's are up to date and I'm currently working on Caleb's. As I'm doing this, I'm coming across lots of fun pictures and I thought I'd share a few with everyone.

PS: Parker started preschool yesterday and he had a great time. So did I, actually. When I asked what happened in school he said, "My teacher said "Good Morning"." So that's a good start, right? I forgot to take a picture! More material for is future therapy sessions. Poor kid. Hey, at least I finished his "Birthday Book"!!!

How cute was I??


So Cute (and chubby). In case you can't recognize him, this is Brent.




Hot Mamas (before they were hot mamas)! Right after I graduated from high school, I went with Kim and her family to Tallahassee to visit FSU and then we went to Epcot. Kim and I wore matching outfits to Epcot that included FSU boxers and an FSU t-shirt. Yes, we wore underwear in public. Good times, Good times.


7 comments:

Kim said...

Yes, that's right. We wore matching underwear in public, and I'd do it again if I had to. Good times, good times. :)kim

Amy Ross said...

Did you roll up your sleeves on your t-shirts?? Because that was totally cool. Oh, and I love the mile high teased bangs... the mornings I spent in the bathroom trying to get mine oh-so-high!!!

Unknown said...

I went by the house we lived in when that pic was taken, no one was living there but still looked the same

Cheryl Baker said...

Oh, so cute!

Shannon said...

So funny! That "non-scrapbooking" picture book thing is a great idea. I'm not a scrapbooker, either, but I think I could manage something like that... maybe... :) Good Luck! Shan
PS - My bangs were NEVER that high - how on earth did you do it?!

Brad & Stacey said...

I remember wearing boxers in public too. AHHH, those were the days! Way to go on the birthday scrapbooks! I miss scrapbooking with my budies!;(

lisa said...

I like your bangs.