L to R: Carson, me, Parker, Aunt Laura, Hunter, Auntie. Mom is behind the couch. Not pictured but present: James, Caleb (who was having a little drama at the time) and my mom's husband Tom.
I'm a about a week late unfortunately, but this week has been busy. My sister Laura had her birthday on March 7th. We got together at my mom and Tom's house to celebrate. Mom made spaghetti and a cake. Brent and Carter had a t-ball thing so they weren't able to be there. James and the boys were there, so that was nice. I had a cute picture of Laura at her 5th birthday party, but once I got it in the computer, I realized that it was way too fuzzy to use. Darn.
I was 4 years old when Laura was born, so I really don't remember that part. But I do remember her being little. She was SO CUTE! She had very chubby cheeks. She always had a lot of spirit and big smiles. When I was in Kindergarten I went to daycare for the first half of the day and the bus picked me up from there for afternoon Kindergarten. I have this image in my mind of Laura hanging on the gate to the "baby area" crying for me as I left out the door to get on the bus. She was very emotional about the day care center thing.
I remember when we were little we used to decide that we were going to "stay up all night". We would make all these preparations of stuff that we would do all night, and snacks that we would eat. I was only about 7 or 8 at the time, so she couldn't have been more than 3 or 4. We stayed awake until our eyes literally fell shut--probably around 10:30.
Laura was the master of drama when we were younger--literally, I mean. She was the producer for all the modeling shows, dances, plays and musicals that were put on at our house. Lisa and Lonnie were usually the models/dancers/singers/actors and my friends (or boyfriends, as it were) were the audience. She's quite clever, that one.
Aunt Laura is a really special part of our lives. Her nephews and niece love her and always look forward to her coming over to spend time with them. Carter asks out of the blue fairly regularly, "Where is Aunt Laura?", "When is she coming over?" "Can I go to her house?", etc. Hunter made Aunt Laura a birthday card everyday of the week during the week of her birthday and each of them said a special prayer for her each night of that week too.
Happy Birthday to you, Laura! We love you!!
1 comment:
Aww thanks. You gotta tell the part about showing Hunter the pic of my at age 5 and she said, hey that looks like me.
Post a Comment