Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mom! You Have Like A Thousand Freckles!!!

This is what Hunter said to me when she first put on her glasses yesterday. She said she knew that I had some on my nose, but she didn't know that I had them all over, even on my arms! My response? "I'm so happy that you get the opportunity to enjoy the full experience of my freckles, sweetie."
Seriously though. When Hunter floundered in gymnastics and team sports, did it ever occur to us that she was blind as a bat with no sonar system? No, it didn't. We said "O, Hunter just isn't very coordinated." and things like that. Poor kid. She has been complaining of headaches a lot, and with her ear infections and allergies pretty much under control, we decided we should explore some other things to help her, a vision test being one of them. I was certainly floored by the result. Hunter is very near sighted in one eye, very far sighted in the other and both eyes have astigmatism. Who knew? I'm really thankful that God has led us to something that has the possibility of answering so many questions that we have had regarding her. She's been taking a basketball skills class too, so maybe she'll be interested in team sports after all! I think that would be fun for her.

PS I posted twice today, so look below for a post about Carter's t-ball experience.

3 comments:

Kim said...

She is so cute!!!! I love your new glasses Hunter. You look beautiful, with or without them. love, kim

mccaigs5 said...

Look at those eyes! Doesn't she look like a doll? Our beautiful daughter! Spoken like a dad...

Brad & Stacey said...

She definitely is a beautiful girl!