Tuesday, March 17, 2009

12 Years and Counting!

On Sunday, Brent and I celebrated our 12th anniversary. Seems impossible for that much time to have passed in some ways. Seems like forever ago in others. I was away this weekend on a womens' retreat with our church, so I got home on Sunday afternoon. My sisters came up to watch the kids and our plan was to go to dinner and a movie. I really want to see Slumdog Millionaire. We went to a Mexican restaurant that we haven't been to in a long time and we both wanted a margarita. The server asks us if we would like the small one or the large. I was thinking the small margarita glass or the "jumbo" ones that you usually see. So, we both said large.

They show up in a gigantic beer mug.

When I tell you these margaritas were big, I'm not jokin'. People were staring at us like we have a drinking problem.

And we missed the movie because it took so long to drink them.

So instead, after dinner, we went to a dessert place and had ice cream.

Good times. Happy Anniversary to us...

1997
2009

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary to you! :) Wish we could see Slumdog Millionaire with you guys...but I'm afraid of the scene you two alcoholics would make in public. Ha! love, kim