I posted already about the fact that we spend most of our free time as a family at the ball field. It's just the phase of life that we're in. I don't know if I mentioned previously that of Carter's 12 baseball games this season, ONE of them is on a Saturday. The rest are on weekdays. And that of those eleven weekday games, HALF of them are at 6pm and the other half are at 7:30.
COME. ON.
So last night was our first 7:30 game. I already shudder at the thought of Carter playing baseball until 8:45 at night then coming home to get bathed, settled down and asleep by...??? There's no way I can do that to all three kids. Plus Parker had basketball class from 6-7. So my original plan was to stay until Carter batted once. I ended up staying until his second at-bat and we left around 8pm. (He got out once with an RBI and got another hit that he scored from, pretty good night!) I was able to get home successfully, bathe H&P, do devotions/pray together and get them in bed by 9pm.
Then Brent calls and says they have a story about the game that they have to tell me in person. I can't believe I didn't get my camera to capture the joy in his face (actually, both their faces) as Carter told me about the HOMERUN he hit off the coach. It was their last at-bat. They had 2 outs and 2 guys on base. They were winning by only a couple of runs. If Carter got out, the other team would probably win b/c they were good hitters too. It's one of those situations that you don't really want your kid to be in unless he's really good. Brent said he was just hoping for a base hit and no outs so the kid behind him could hit a good one (he's a big hitter). And our little Carter-man knocks one to the fence. Yayyyyyyyy!!!
He was so proud. Everyone was proud of him. He gave me a demonstation of how all the coaches and parents and teammates were giving him a high-five.
And, he got the game ball.
And, I wasn't there. O well. Hopefully there will be more.
Congratulations Carter!!!!
2 comments:
Happened to me too. Abbie scored her 1st goal in soccer and I was watching my other kids at the park playground. :)
Way to go Carter!
Post a Comment