At pre-k, Parker has to have "rest time". You know that this is not his favorite subject. He actually will fall asleep though (which is amazing because he rarely takes naps at home anymore), as long as he has two things: "Finger Blanket", which is a blue blanket that his Nana made for him and "Stitchy", a stuffed version of Stitch from Lilo and Stitch which was also given to him by Nana. His teachers call these items "Sleep Friends".
On Friday, he forgot Stitch.
When I picked him up from school we had this conversation:
Me: "So how was your day, Buddy?"
P: "Very good except for one thing."
Me: "What's that?"
P: "I forgot Stitch so Allison let me borrow her Smelly Cat."
Me: [Ewwww!] "Why is it called "Smelly Cat?""
P: "Because it smells a lot!"
Me: "What does it smell like?"
P: "Like nuffin!" (nothing)
Me: "Oh. So, were you able to fall asleep?"
P: "No because Smelly Cat doesn't smell the same as Stitchy."
Note to self: If your child starts to refer to his/her sleep friend as "Smelly" as though it's part of their name, it's probably time for a bath.
Of course it's probably the same thing as Hunter referring to her sleep friend (which she has had since she was a newborn) as "Brown Nye-Nye".
He's supposed to be pink.
1 comment:
I wonder if Allison's parents used to watch Friends. Phoebe's character on the show wrote a song about a "Smelly Cat." But, I agree with you, smelly indicates bath time!:)
Post a Comment