The kids and Brent eat breakfast together every morning: Organic Oatmeal and Juice. This morning Hunter missed breakfast because she came and climbed in bed with me for a little while. After the boys came back upstairs, I overheard this exchange between father and daughter:
H: "Daddy, Carter & I have made plans to play in my room right now but I missed breakfast. So, do you think that I could bring my oatmeal into my room if I bring a bunch of napkins?"
Daddy: "Ummmmm, No. We don't eat in our bedrooms, you can go eat your breakfast in the kitchen and come right back."
H: "Oh, ok."
Hunter ran back to her room where Carter was waiting and Brent and I overheard this conversation between them:
H: "Daddy said "no" about eating my oatmeal in my room."
C: "But, did you tell him about the napkins???!!!"
It makes me laugh to think of them scheming to be able to have their playdate and eat breakfast at the same time. I wish I had overheard the conversation wherein one of them (probably Carter) emphasized the importance of mentioning that there would be napkins involved.
Because that might help their cause.
No comments:
Post a Comment