Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Summertime Is On It's Way or The Boys Are Hairy

Both of our boys were born with unbelievable amounts of hair. When they were babies, we used to say they were like Chia Pets: just add a little water and the next morning, their hair has grown two inches. Carter had his first "cut & blow-dry" at 5 months old.

Seriously.

About 3 summers ago, I noticed something not-so-fun about having boys with lots of hair. When it starts getting hot outside, they sweat. Their hair is wet all the time. And they start to smell like dogs. And yes, they were being bathed every day.

So, I started shaving them. At the first hint that the weather has warmed up for good (it hit 90 last weekend!), I do a "3" on the clippers and then I let it grow out over the next year with just a little trim to keep it out of their eyes and over their ears. Thought you might like to join us on this journey this year:


A whole winter's worth of hair.

Wow, that's a lot of hair.



Bring on Summertime!
About their new hair do:
Carter said, "My head is like a forest of tiny trees."
Parker said, "It feels like I have a balb head." [Not a mistake in spelling.]


2 comments:

Kim said...

So cute-I love their hairlines. :)

Shannon said...

They are gorgeous!
Coleman gets cradle cap really bad if his hair is any longer than that. It's SO gross! I think the #3 clippers are a great idea!