Wednesday, April 22, 2009

RIP: Ded Brd

While I was cooking dinner, the boys were outside doing who-knows-what. This is normal. They came in to get me so that I could see what they had done.

They built a grave site for the baby bird and buried him in it.

Here they are sitting watch over it. You can see the mound in between the two chairs. And, in front of Parker is a stick with a marker attached to it that says (in Carter's handwriting): Ded Brd:

Close up of the mound:

I know it's hard to read, but this is the marker that says Ded Brd.
This memorial is located right next to the sidewalk where we walk to get up the stairs to the back deck. So that every time we walk by it we will always be reminded: Never, ever, under any circumstances, remove a baby bird from its nest.