Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Houston, We Had Tomato(e)

So, we have these small tomatoe plants in a big pot on the back deck. It has been fun watching it grow and last week, it sprouted a tiny tomatoe! Yesterday I was so impressed by how much it had grown in just a few days. I was having visions of it growing plump and juicy, and of myself slicing it, putting salt on it and broiling it--YUM! When I went inside to get my camera to document its progress, I returned to find this:

The following exchange took place:

Me: "PARKER!!!!! What did you not understand about "Don't touch the tomatoe?!?""

Parker: "Oh, Sowwy Mama" (As he's trying to stick the tomatoe back on the plant.

Aye--maybe there will be another one next week. By the way, is there an "e" on the end of tomatoe or not? Ever since the Dan Quayle "Potato(e) incident", I get confused.

We're going to the lake today, I'll try to post pictures later.

4 comments:

Kim said...

No e papi. I thought maybe you were going to say that the tomato looked like a toe. Funny, I had the same exchange with Mr. E a few times too. :)King

Anonymous said...

you need an anti parker cage around your plants

Love Dad

Lotus said...

"Parker, don't pick the tomato."
>holding tiny green tomato<
"I din'nt Mama"

Phyllis Richard said...

I remember how Hunter loved the little grape tomatoes. Apparently Parker isn't fussy about whether they're red or green! (: